Saturday, April 19, 2008

Wine tasting, touring, and blogging



One of my passions is pinot noir and touring the vineyards from whence the grape varietal thrives - pretty much all of Oregon. Naturally, I freelance my articles and photos to the regional and national gourmet media when I can, under the Copywriting Cafe's alter ego WineScribe.blogspot.com.

Soon I will be contributing and editing a site dedicated to wine bloggers. Yes, there's an international wine bloggers association and a US Wine Bloggers meeting is being set up in CA later this year.

The site, Travels With Wine, is the brainchild of a new client, Zephyr Adventures, which has some pretty intriguing multi-day, multi-sport wine adventures on the books for 2008. Not only are they bringing groups to Oregon, but they are also leading trips in the most popular wine touring regions of the world.
While Allan and Reno and the rests of the team are off sipping and savoring, I will be scribbling wine tasting notes to post on the blog and searching for other wine lovers who love to blog (usually while they are sipping).

If you are a blogger and want to contribute short blogs and photos as you travel to wineries and vineyards near and far, I'd like to hear from you ASAP. I'll send you our guidelines. Cheers.

No comments: